Barre-a-Thon 2023 FAQ
What is the Barre-a-thon fundraising event for?
- 4, 3, 2, 1, Girls on the Run is so much fun! I have been a volunteer coach for GOTR for 6 seasons and have loved every single moment. Their mission to empower girls while instilling physical education is inspiring, not only to me as a fitness instructor and dance teacher, but also as a mother of a daughter being raised in this challenging world. Now is my chance to give back and raise funds that will benefit girls all across NH through the Girls on the Run program.
- 100% of donations go directly to Girls on the Run NH!
- “At Girls on the Run we inspire ALL girls to build confidence and make intentional decisions, while fostering care and compassion for self and others. Trained coaches use physical activity and dynamic discussions to build social, emotional and physical skills in every girl while encouraging healthy habits for life.”
- WHY it matters: “Girls face social pressures and conflicting messages about how they should act and who they should be. Studies show that by adolescence, girls' confidence drops about twice as much as boys'. Stressors related to COVID-19 have undoubtedly affected girls, between social isolation, anxiety and more limited opportunities for physical activity.”
what does it cost to participate?
how do i set up my own fundraising page?
How do i sign up for classes?
- After you have chosen to donate directly through Olivia's fundraising page, go to https://www.oliviaallendanceandfitness.com/register-today.html
- Log In to Glofox. or register for your free account and sign the waiver, if you have not already done so.
- Use the calendar to toggle to Saturday June 17th.
- Book your spot in class or your classes.
what can i expect from the classes?
- You can expect a well rounded workout in an upbeat atmosphere from each class! Class descriptions are available at - https://www.oliviaallendanceandfitness.com/barre-a-thon-2023.html
how long are the classes? what do i need to bring? what should i wear?
- Classes will run 50-55 minutes.
- For barre, bring a mat, small towel, and water bottle. (We have limited mats available on site, and a water cooler for refilling bottles)
- For ballet a water bottle is recommended.
- Wear something comfortable! Form fitting clothing is recommended, however you should wear what you feel most comfortable working out and dancing in. Barre socks or socks are recommended for Barre. Ballet slippers or socks are recommended for Ballet. Barre class can be taken with sneakers if required for foot/ankle issues.
i don't want to participate in a class - how can i support the Barre-a-thon and girls on the run, NH?
- We are gratefully accepting donations anytime before or during the event.
- I am also seeking donations for a silent auction, swag bags, and snacks/beverages for the participants.
- Contact Olivia at OliviaAllenDanceandFitness@gmail.com to donate.
how do i bid in the silent auction?
- The silent auction will be set up for in person viewing at Olivia Allen Dance & Fitness from Monday June 12th through Saturday June 17th. All items will also be available online in the Facebook group Barre-a-Thon Silent Auction 2023.
- To be fair to all participants, bids should only be placed in the Facebook group. Find the item you wish to bid on and comment with your bid amount. If unable to do so, contact Olivia Allen for assisstance.
- Bidding will close Saturday June 17th at 9pm./
- Winning bids will either write a check to Girls on the Run NH (memo Barre-a-Thon), or donate their bid amount via Olivia’s Fundraising page.
- Items will be delivered to winners or be available for local pick up the week of Monday June 19th.
- Select items may be shipped. Details are listed under each silent auction item.
- Would you like to donate to the Silent Auction? Thank you! Please contact Olivia Allen at OliviaAllenDanceandFitness@gmail.com
how can i learn more about Girls on the run and/or volunteer?
How do i learn more about Olivia allen dance & fitness classes and pass/membership options?
I am No longer able to participate, is there a refund option?
- Both Olivia Allen Dance & Fitness and Girls on the Run are incredibly grateful for your donation! Your donation benefits the program, the girls, and all of the behind the scenes happenings to keep an amazing program running successfully.
- We are unable to return any donations that have already been gifted.
- COVID-19 is an ongoing pandemic that is constantly being navigated. While masks are not required at this event, I encourage participants to wear a mask if not fully vaccinated.
- If you are experiencing any new symptoms within 24 hours of the event that are not related to a pre-existing condition, please do not attend.
- If you are experiencing any new symptoms within 72 hours of the event, please take a rapid test the morning before you arrive, to ensure you are able to attend the event.