barre-a-thon 2022 FAQ
What is the Barre-a-thon fundraising event for?
- 4, 3, 2, 1, Girls on the Run is so much fun! I have been a volunteer coach for GOTR for 6 seasons and have loved every single moment. Their mission to empower girls while instilling physical education is inspiring, not only to me as a fitness instructor and dance teacher, but also as a mother of a daughter being raised in this challenging world. Now is my chance to give back and raise funds that will benefit girls all across NH through the Girls on the Run program.
- 100% of donations go directly to Girls on the Run NH!
- “At Girls on the Run we inspire ALL girls to build confidence and make intentional decisions, while fostering care and compassion for self and others. Trained coaches use physical activity and dynamic discussions to build social, emotional and physical skills in every girl while encouraging healthy habits for life.”
- WHY it matters: “Girls face social pressures and conflicting messages about how they should act and who they should be. Studies show that by adolescence, girls' confidence drops about twice as much as boys'. Stressors related to COVID-19 have undoubtedly affected girls, between social isolation, anxiety and more limited opportunities for physical activity.”
what does it cost to participate?
- There is a $50 donation per Class (total for 4 classes would be $200).
- Two ways to participate and donate -
- Donate $50 per class via Olivia’s Fundraising Link - https://www.girlsontherunnh.org/fundraiser/Olivia-Allen-DanceandFitness-BarreaThon
- Fundraise via your own personal fundraising page! Share on social media, email, text, phone calls, and gather donations to meet your own goal. ($50 per class you’d like to participate in, or set your goal higher!)
how do i set up my own fundraising page?
- Starting your own fundraiser is a great way to contribute! You can fundraise your donation amount to participate in classes, or just set a goal and fundraise for the benefit of Girls on the Run NH!
- Go to https://www.pinwheel.us/donate/Olivia-Allen-DanceandFitness-BarreaThon
- Click "Click here to create an individual fundraiser"
- Fill out the form
- Share on social media, email, via text, and talk about it!
- If you chose to participate in class, please see "How do I sign up for classes" below.
How do i sign up for classes?
- After you have chosen to either donate directly through Olivia, or set up your own fundraising page, you will be given a discount code.
- Use this code to sign up on Punchpass
- Purchase a Pass - Barre-a-Thon - use the code provided by Olivia to waive the $50 fee. If you’ve chosen to take 2, 3, or 4 classes, you can use the code repeatedly to purchase the appropriate amount of passes.
- Create an account, or sign in.
- View the schedule, or calendar to find August 13th, and reserve your spot in the classes you have donated too.
- 8:00am Barre
- 9:00am Ballerobica
- 10:00am Barre Flow
- 11:00am Ballet
- Please ONLY sign up for the classes you have donated or fundraised for!
what can i expect from the classes?
- You can expect a well rounded workout in an upbeat atmosphere from each class! Class descriptions are available at - https://www.oliviaallendanceandfitness.com/barre-a-thon.html
how long are the classes? what do i need to bring? what should i wear?
- Classes will run 50-55 minutes.
- For the first three classes bring a mat, small towel, and water bottle.
- For ballet a water bottle is recommended.
- Wear something comfortable! Form fitting clothing is recommended, however you should wear what you feel most comfortable working out and dancing in. Barre socks or socks are recommended for Barre and Ballerobica. Barre Flow can be done bare foot or in socks/barre socks. Ballet slippers or socks are recommended for Ballet. Any class can be taken with sneakers if required for foot/ankle issues.
i don't want to participate in a class - how can i support the Barre-a-thon and girls on the run, NH?
- We are gratefully accepting donations anytime before or during the event.
- I am also seeking donations for a silent auction, swag bags, and snacks/beverages for the participants. As well as top contributor gifts to reward my top 3 fundraisers.
- Contact Olivia at OliviaAllenDanceandFitness@gmail.com to donate.
how do i bid in the silent auction?
- The silent auction will be set up for in person viewing at the event on August 13th. All items will also be available online in the Facebook group Barre-a-Thon Silent Auction 2022.
- To be fair to all participants, bids should only be placed in the Facebook group. Find the item you wish to bid on and comment with your bid amount.
- Bidding will close Monday August 15th at 9pm.
- Winning bids will either write a check to Girls on the Run NH (memo Barre-a-Thon), or donate their bid amount via Olivia’s Fundraising page.
- Items will be delivered to winners or be available for local pick up the week of Tuesday August 16th.
- No items will be shipped. Local pick up or delivery only.
- Would you like to donate to the Silent Auction? Thank you! Please contact Olivia Allen at OliviaAllenDanceandFitness@gmail.com
how can i learn more about Girls on the run and/or volunteer?
How do i learn more about Olivia allen dance & fitness classes and pass/membership options?
- All information is available at - https://www.oliviaallendanceandfitness.com/
- For the most current schedule available, as well as access to the Library of recorded classes visit - https://oliviaallendanceandfitness.punchpass.com/
I am No longer able to participate, is there a refund option?
- Both Olivia Allen Dance & Fitness and Girls on the Run are incredibly grateful for your donation! Your donation benefits the program, the girls, and all of the behind the scenes happenings to keep an amazing program running successfully.
- We are unable to return any donations that have already been gifted.
- COVID-19 is an ongoing pandemic that is constantly being navigated. While masks are not required at this event, I encourage participants to wear a mask if not fully vaccinated.
- If you are experiencing any new symptoms within 24 hours of the event that are not related to a pre-existing condition, please do not attend.
- If you are experiencing any new symptoms within 72 hours of the event, please take a rapid test the morning before you arrive, to ensure you are able to attend the event.